Zonta Club of Geneva, New York
Empowering women through service & advocacy IN OUR COMMUNITY AND GLOBALLY
Top 10 Reasons to Join Zonta International and Geneva Club
1. Zonta’s Service: Executives and professionals feel it is very important to belong to a service organization. A prominent Zontian said, “Membership in a service organization gives the opportunity to serve the community whose support has made it possible for me to be an executive.”
2. Zonta’s International Involvement: Membership in an organization that is international in scope provides an important opportunity to provide service on an international scale, which would be rare on an individual basis. Also through Conferences, Conventions and relationships with Friendship countries, opportunity to learn about customs and traditions as well as personal friendships with Zontians from many countries, in both similar and different occupations.
3. Zonta’s Community Involvement: Membership in a service organization provides an opportunity to work together with others who share common values and opens doors to friend-ships with other executives and professionals at the local level.
4. Zonta’s Diversity: Membership in a classified organization provides business and professionals a rare channel to interact with executives outside of their particular area of expertise.
5. Zonta’s Travel: In an age when travel is commonplace, membership in a worldwide service organization provides the opportunity to be welcomed at club meetings in all Zonta countries around the world. International Conventions are held in the most exciting cities in the world.
6. Zonta’s UN Involvement: Zonta International holds the highest consultative status with at least four UN agencies-ECOSOC, UNICEF, UNESCO and ILO, and often works with UNIFEM. Zontians have the opportunity to serve as UN Observers and represent Zonta at important international meetings, conferences and events.
7. Zonta’s Educational Opportunities: Because of Zonta’s sponsorship of the Amelia Earhart Fellowships and active involvement in the United Nations commemoratives such as the UN Decades, International Years and other projects, club members are provided access to information and issues not necessarily available with membership in other organizations.
8. Zonta’s Leadership Opportunities: Club membership provides the Zontian interested in developing leadership potential an opportunity for growth at the Club, Area, District, and International levels.
9. Zonta’s Mission to Advance the Status of Women: Zontians as leaders in their fields are especially able to work to advance the status of women in their counties and in the world-in legal, political, educational, and social, health and economic fields. Zontians serve as role models and often sponsor educational scholarships for women.
10. Zonta’s Involvement with ZISVAW: The entire membership of Zonta International is committed to develop Strategies to Eliminate Violence Against Women and their children.
Impact by the numbers
MILLION DOLLARS RAISED
by Zonta International for projects benefiting women in 35 countries. ZI has provided training, education, health, sanitation, agriculture, and micro-credit assistance to women primarily via projects implemented by the United Nations.
YEARS OF SERVICE: CENTENNIAL ANNIVERSARY
November 8, 2019 marked Zonta’s 100th Anniversary. On that day in 1919, a small group of pioneering women came together in Buffalo NY to help women realize greater equality.
THOUSAND MEMBERS IN 63 COUNTRIES
Working together to help improve the lives of,
and advocate on behalf of, women and girls
around the world.